Friday, April 13, 2007

Historic Preservation Planning Course

I discovered a course that may help me in my quest to learn more about historic preservation. As a relative newcomer to the World of Historic Preservation, I'm learning as fast as I can, but knowledge seems to come in dribs and drabs.

So imagine my excitement when I came across Planetizen: The Planning & Development Network. They offer online courses on a whole variety of topics, but the one that caught my attention is the following:

PLAN-110: Introduction to Historic Preservation Planning
As cities around the world expand and more people move back into older downtowns and inner-ring suburbs, historic preservation serves two important purposes, encouraging a sustained sense of history and culture in the community, while formalizing practical standards for the preservation, rehabilitation, restoration, or reconstruction of historic properties for adaptive use by a new generation.
For $99, I think it might be worth while checking it out, but I will start with the July 1 session.

--Susan Pruden

No comments: